Monday, April 16, 2018

Birkenstocks and Russian hackers

Just noticed that my visitor stats over the weekend reached an all-time low. Makes no sense to me how it works. Visitors from Russia but also the Ukraine. And the middle east.

With stats like that I must be a target for whatsitcalled, the Russian state cyber operations. So I should have more visitors if they're doing their job properly. They must be struggling to break my code. Stands to reason my posts must be in code: nobody could be this boring/weird really.

* * * * * * * * 

We go on holiday on Wednesday. Husband has just checked in online and he tells me we're not sitting together on the plane: he's in row 31 and I'm in row 12. I hope the man across the aside from me is amenable to me grabbing his hand as we take off/land.

Talking about going on holiday I wish I'd remembered before today that I intended to buy new sandals before going on holiday again.
Birkenstocks well-worn
Daughter-in-law gave me these - I think they didn't fit someone - probably about four years ago and since then I've lived in them, indoors in the winter, and in and out in the summer. They've taken me to Italy, Malaysia, England, Vietnam, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, and Tenerife. They've been on beaches, up volcanoes, in cities and they've been blissfully comfortable. But I really should have got some new ones ...

I'd never tried Birkenstocks before but I'm hooked and refuse to buy any others so new sandals will have to wait until we get back from our holiday. 

As long as I remember to buy them before our 'honeymoon'.

3 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Perhaps you can buy them on holiday?

Jono said...

Maybe someone would be willing to change seats with you or your husband. How fast can you get to a Birkenstock store?

Furtheron said...

Long since bothered to look at stats I'm the only one who reads my own stuff anyway