Sunday, March 18, 2018

The closest we get to snow

Great excitement lunchtime when snow started to fall almost nearly really properly! But not for long. Once again Swansea is omitted from the List of Places Snow Must Visit

Last night, hearing that heavy snow showers were predicted for south Wales, I suggested to my children that we go on a Snow Hunt today. My suggestion was met with less enthusiasm than I might have liked. Daughter already had plans; Younger Son said he and GrandSon4 would come but as GS4 is only eighteen months I wasn't sure how keen he would be to go sledging or throw snowballs. Although judging by the look of amazement on his face when he saw the snow flakes falling he would probably have enjoyed it.

But instead we stayed in and Granny and GrandSon4 had a jolly time in the warm.

* * * * * * * *
I've missed a number of gratitude posts. I think my last one was the Springsteen post so from there, in order, I was grateful for;
a sunny day and a walk on the tip, which is getting dressed for Spring;

exercise class - even though I dread it all day I always feel pleased with myself afterwards and I know it's doing me good;
finally making a decision about something that's been hanging over me;
the end of this year's rugby Six Nations Championship, which has been up and down and stressful for both English Husband and Welsh me.

Today I'm grateful for the flurry of snow, which is pretty, and, I suppose, actually thankful that we don't get the sort of snow that makes life very difficult and harsh.

No comments: