Monday, January 22, 2018

Always read the label

And next time think about whether to do as it says.

When I was emptying my wardrobe yesterday I came across the white trouser suit I first - and last -wore for Daughter's wedding in 2003.  

With damp stains on the legs it was fit for nothing. I couldn't wear it as it was nor could I give it to a charity shop.

So I decided to wash it. Which is when I noticed it was Dry Clean Only.

But who pays any attention to those labels?

It turns out I should have.

Not only has it shrunk but the marks are still there, looking worse if anything. 

And the moral of this story is: don't keep things for 'best'; if you have something lovely to wear then wear it. And read labels before washing.

7 comments:

Jimmy said...

Excellent advice...I think all clothing on the market should be wash and wear.

Sharon said...

Yep, this is a true case of use it lose it! Sorry.

Liz Hinds said...

It should be, Jimmy!

In future I will not keep clothes for best, Sharon.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Didn't the jacket survive either? Drat.

Liz Hinds said...

It has shrunk a little, Sonata.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

So is it in the Bin now??

Trubits of Life. said...

Over the years I've had an assortment of trouser suits but
but never a white one, yours looked lovely on you at your
daughter's wedding. Such a shame you didn't get to wear it again,
never mind maybe you should have a look around and buy yourself
another trouser suit.
love Di xx