Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Kermit recites poetry

Over on facebook, Rosalie, of Rose's Garden, mentioned a poem called Trees by Joyce Kilmer. She quoted the first line and I instantly thought of ... well, let me quote it here and see what your first thought is.

I think that I shall never see a poem lovely as a tree.

Well, any thoughts? 

Anyone else say, 'Kermit the Frog?'

I have a vivid recollection of Kermit reciting this. Unfortunately I can't find any record on Google - and if it's not on google it didn't happen. Or did it?

This would have been on The Muppet Show; I didn't watch Sesame Street

Please someone, tell me my brain isn't firing blanks.


6 comments:

Sharon said...

I couldn't find it either. I doubt that we both imagined it.
Nice video!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I'm not familiar with Muppets either...

Sorry....

Luna Crone

Liz Hinds said...

unless we're both crazy old ladies, Sharon?

Not to worry, Luna.

Ole Phat Stu said...

It's not the years in your life that count; it's the life in your years - Abraham Lincoln

Liz Hinds said...

We've got plenty of that, Mr Lincoln!

Ole Phat Stu (again) said...

You may be misremembering this 2009 question:-
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/2009-muppet-name-that-tune.39563/

Stu