Saturday, April 29, 2017

Why my diet wasn't a total fail today - only partly

You'll be pleased to hear I began a serious attempt at de-cluttering today. Well, you may not care less but I am glad. I feel re-energised. Until I look at all the various piles of things that I know will sit around for ages until they're eventually taken to the tip/charity shop/Zac's. 

But no, I shall be positive. These things WILL be done and sooner rather than later.

And for dinner we had an M&S Meal Deal. Main course, side, dessert and bottle of wine for £10. (It's a really good deal as buying separately the items would cost double that. That's my excuse anyway.) I opted for the chicken kiev for main, mixed veg for side and then I struggled. I'm on a diet and I shouldn't eat sweet. Also, and more significantly, they didn't have any desserts I particularly liked. So I chose a gluten-free apple pie and gave it to Younger Son. A good compromise I thought.

Husband was less impressed. He looked at the chicken and veg and said, 'That's not much for dinner.'
Sulking because I'd given away his pudding he insisted on having potatoes as well. So I had to have a few but they were very little and as I was already over my calorie count I thought it probably didn't matter. (Please don't point how wrong that logic is.)

3 comments:

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I must admit I do see his point , the portions are dainty .
A tin of sticky toffee pudding is called for , perhaps .

Sharon said...

Sorting and sacking does have its benefits, I agree. I'd feel good too.
I still live in the dark ages where going out to dine was cheaper.
I am confused about *pudding* ... To me pudding is a gelatinous sweet goo make from milk, thickening, flavoring, and sometimes topped with fruit or whipped cream. I have seen any number of desserts referred to as pudding in one sentence and pie in the next. Help me out here. Was the pie you gave your son actually pie ... or pudding?

Liz Hinds said...

He did have some chocolate later, sonata. Er, we did.

Pudding is sometimes used to mean dessert, SJ. 'What would you like for pudding?' But it can prefer to specific puddings as well! The apple pie was indeed apple pie!