Friday, April 07, 2017

Teacher knows best

Today GrandDaughter1 (7) and GrandSon2 (5) told me that Jesus didn't come back to life. 'He was only a ghost.'
'No, he did come back to life,' I said.
'No, he didn't. Miss said so and Miss knows!'

Daughter told them they could read the story in the bible for themselves to find out who's telling the truth but I am spitting slightly.

If you don't want to teach about Jesus and Easter in school then fine, don't. But don't teach your own version of the bible.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Whoa! Maybe 'They' are right about church and school. I wouldn't want my children being taught somebody's version that was not my own.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I thought the plan these days was for schools to teach the basics of each religion ? The resurrection is a fairly important part of Christianity , whether she believes in it or not .