Friday, August 29, 2014

The eye of David Cassidy

First jigsaw for ages. Real one that is as opposed to http://thejigsawpuzzles.com/

Amazingly I found an eye and knew without doubt it was David Cassidy's. And the teeth had to be Donny's. Ah Jackie, I did so love my weekly fix. Romantic stories, make-up advice, latest fashions and even - if you look closely at the left corner of the jigsaw you'll see it - guides to kissing. Not forgetting Cathy and Claire, resident agony sisters.

I was a very backward teenager, never going out - certainly not with boys - and not wearing make-up or fashionable clothes. I had to live life vicariously through the pages of Jackie. And how I dreamed of being one of those long-legged exotic creatures that graced its pages or even of being a hard-done-by girlfriend who could seek the advice of Cathy and Claire. 

Where have the years gone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Despite appearances au contraire in my later life (you know better than most having received many a too long email and wail), my teenage years were lived the same way as yours, Liz! It was Jackie that/who showed me the way I could be going but wasn't. Woe betide me if I did. I waited until the grand age of ...

CherryPie said...

I used to read Jackie and was a fan of David Cassidy. I had a big scrapbook full of his photos and newspaper clippings.

Liz Hinds said...

So we have a lot to thank Jackie for, Shirley!

David Cassidy was a bit after my time, cherrypie, but he did have a sweet face.