Friday, August 22, 2014

Sneezy Central

I could have had a week's holiday in a (ropey) Tenerife hotel for what I spent in Sainsburys this morning. That will teach me to let the cupboard get so bare.

So bare that last night the only option available to us was fish fingers, chips and peas - tinned mushy in Husband's case and frozen in mine, as I have to live up to my PoshBird status. And it would have been quite nice if I hadn't burned the fish fingers. 

Never mind, my pantry and fridge are bulging now, which is just as well as Elder Son and family are down for a few days and Daughter and family will also be here for the weekend. By Monday I'll have to go to Sainsburys again. In fact, I need to go back there now as I forgot fizzy water for Husband (I don't know what's wrong with tap water) and 50-50 bread for the grandbabies.

Right, I've just put brownies in to cook before evacuating the kitchen: Husband is making chilli jam and it's Sneezerama in there.

6 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Chilli jam sounds good!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

My hubby loves Fish fingers .. he will eat them anytime. Likes with chips and peas too. Not mushy though and kiddies love 50/50 bread. Have a great weekend. I am doing nothing and seeing no body except hubby .. having a rest.

Rose said...

It never fails to amaze me how I can spend a fortune buying groceries but then can't find anything to cook for dinner:) Cleaning is on the agenda here, too, as Daughter and Son-in-law are coming next weekend from Texas. I won't get too carried away, though--with the granddogs coming, the cleaning is more important AFTER they've left:)

Leslie: said...

It always amazes me when my hubby comes home lugging dozens of bottles of both still and fizzy water. Our tap water is the best in the world and he still has to buy water! *sigh* And our cupboards are getting bare since he hasn't been able to eat lately and he's in charge of food and shopping. Things are looking up now though. He's making tacos tonight.

Unknown said...

I was like that last week...I needed everything! $150 later and that's just for me and the cats. Took me three trips up four flights of stairs to bring everything in!

Liz Hinds said...

It is, Pat.

Hope you had a good weekend, Anne.

Yes, Rose, cleaning is necessary again now but after I've had a little rest ...

It drives me mad too, Leslie, as OUR tap water is the best in the world!

I remember when my bill was only ever over £100 at Christmas, robyn.