Friday, November 08, 2013

Excuse my whine

I intended to keep my writing posts on my other blog but allow me to beg your sympathy: I came home from work to yet another rejection.

The email began 'Despite your funny and engaging style ...' So she must have liked it - but not enough.

I have yet to write my day's allocation of words (about 1,700) on my NaNoWriMo novel too. And I have a stiff neck after digging the garden yesterday. 

Is there anything else I can moan about while I'm at it?

And yes I know they're having terrible typhoons in the Philippines and there are people with all sorts of terrible ailments and problems but for this minute, for me, this is poopy.


5 comments:

Leslie: said...

Oh POO! I agree with you - it is disappointing, but "carry on Liz." (Maybe that can be the name of your next novel)...just keep on keeping on and try to make the process the focus of your goal, not necessarily publishing...although that would be a bonus. HUGS!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, Liz, I do empathise. Sending hugs. xx

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you both! I know you both have far more painful things happening in your life so I do appreciate your words. xxx

Ole Phat Stu said...

No worries. J.K.Rowling was rejected nine times, she has said. At least it was an individual rejection note and not just a photocopied one; been there, had that. Regard it as an accolade.

I once comforted myself with the fact that a rejection note contained both grammatical and spelling errors ;-)

Furtheron said...

an old colleague took a 2 year career break to write his life's work. He wrote two novels. Submitted them to loads of agents etc. Nada...

The best reject he got was simply a copy of his manuscript back from a publisher in New York. No note, no nothing, except a very large footprint on the front page... what the hell was that all about? At least they are writing back to you not putting the boot in ... ;-)