Sunday, August 11, 2013

Not fair!

For a 40th birthday party I made a Malteser cheesecake. The recipe said I needed 350g Maltesers plus some for decoration. Now boxes contain 120g so I bought 3 figuring that would give me enough. Let me tell you: 10g Maltesers aren't enough to decorate a cupcake. 

So I ate them. And bought another box.

Took it to the party, left it on the cake table, came back after some lovely barbecue food to get a slice and  ...it had all gone! Had to resort to licking up the crumbs left on the plate.

But all is not lost.

I've been invited to a 'Last Day of the 40s' party next weekend and it was suggested I could make another Malteser cheesecake for that. And this time the host has promised that we can sit in a corner together and share it.

The party house was on the North Gower coast and when I left the tide was in and the water lapping through the reeds, and the sun was setting rather beautifully.

3 comments:

CherryPie said...

A delightful view for consolation ;-)

Liz Hinds said...

it was, cherrypie.

James Higham said...

Malteser cheesecake? Not like deep fried Mars Bars?