Wednesday, August 07, 2013

HMS Petticoat

The smoke alarm started beeping in the middle of the night because its battery was low. Husband got up, took it down and tried to remove the battery. When he failed he wrapped it in a towel and put it in the oven.

And he thinks I'm weird.

P.S. And I slept through all of this.

P.P.S. Dreamt I was eating dinner with the Queen Mother. She was talking to people on my right and on my left but not to me. I was feeling slighted until I realised that not only was I wearing my wedding dress I had a tight petticoat on over it. No wonder she didn't talk to me; she probably thought I was strange.

P.P.P.S. Do they still sell petticoats?


2 comments:

nick said...

They do indeed still sell petticoats. Even at Amazon. I doubt if the Queen Mum thought you were strange, she was pretty strange herself, like most of the Royals. She was probably just jealous of your petticoat and was sulking.

Liz Hinds said...

Could be, nick. I hadn't thought of that.