Thursday, November 22, 2012

Ironing out the difficulties

I was in the study when Husband called from the kitchen, 'How does the iron work?'
'It's not difficult.'

A few minutes passed and the he shouted something again. I went to see what he was doing and found him ironing a rug on the banister on the landing.
I left him to it.

Another few minutes passed then he called, 'I think I may have melted your iron.'
He came downstairs and said, 'I'm going to have to clean it for you; stuff came off the rug and got stuck to it.'

I went into the kitchen and looked at the base of the iron: it looked much as it had before. I didn't tell him; he can clean it if he wants to.

3 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Ironing a rug now that's a an example of misplaced dutifulness!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

I love the "your iron" bit !

nick said...

No one has ever ironed anything for me, except my mum when I was a small boy. We have a very democratic iron!