Thursday, October 04, 2012

Blowing the cobwebs away

It feels as if I've been on the go non-stop since last Thursday  so, as the sun was shining today, I decided that George and I deserved a bit of fresh sea air. I bundled him into the car and we set off for Crawley Woods and Nicholaston Burrows. He is the laziest dog in the world; other dogs jump into cars: George, if I'm lucky, will put his front paws in, leaving me to lift up his bum. I was watching two dogs charging about on the beach and I thought, 'Perhaps George needs a playmate,' but then I remembered when he goes out with Willet or Holly he just sits down and waits for them to come running to him. As I say, bone idle.

Here we're wondering if it's a bomb. Well, I'm wondering; George is wondering if I'm about to give him a treat.

6 comments:

Leslie: said...

Looks like jolly good (ccccold) fun! lol

jams o donnell said...

I can hear George say, Look um a grenade just or you!

CherryPie said...

It looks like a fine day to blow the cobwebs away :-)

Katney said...

Ah, looks like a familiar romp. I remember George's manner of getting into the car. Every time I see a mini I think of him. I think we have smaller minis here, as I cannot imagine George in the back.

Liz Hinds said...

It was a fabulous day and we both enjoyed it. It wasn't too cold, Leslie, just breezy.

I wouldn't put it past him, jams!

Oh it was, cherrypie.

He doesn't have a lot of space, katney, but he copes.

Rose said...

Gosh, what a beautiful place for a walk! I'd have to drive nearly 1,500 miles, which is about 3,000 kilometers, I think, to get to the ocean. Sophie also has to be lifted into the car; I've strained my back before just trying to go for a walk:)