Monday, July 02, 2012

Rain, rain, go away

I'm not sure if it was the fact that I had a slightly fuzzy head yesterday morning but the talk didn't really seem to say anything. And for once I'd gone along enthusiastically, thinking 'church and kingdom' would be a good topic. 


And I'd gone determined to absorb and enjoy church. I find I'm a bit negative about meetings these days. I go because I should and if I can think of an excuse not to then I'm happy. But, as I said, I'd determined to improve my attitude.


The first song was one of my favourites so I'm thinking, 'Fantastic,' but it too lacked its usual oomph. I realised that we didn't have a drummer so maybe that affected the atmosphere but it all felt heavy. 


It was probably just me. And the weather. 

4 comments:

Gledwood said...

yeah the rain is so inconvenient, the clothes i put out on the line over a week ago STILL smell like a camping holiday; i don't know how to get rid of the smell!

Liz Hinds said...

I hate that 'smell'! It is so hard to get rid of it. Short of re-washing but then you have to dry it ...

Katney said...

Dreary weather does not contribute to enthusiasm and bright spirits. Sometimes we just have to plod through the heavy times till we can grasp on again. The problem is, we have to remember to keep plodding or when the brighter times are back we are still glum

Weather here is variable, but supposed to be "nice" for our holiday Wednesday. Of course, how that nice lady on the radio defines "nice" is still a mystery. Maybe I will know on Wednesday.

Furtheron said...

Don't talk about the rain.... I put the washing out on Sunday - promptly brought it all back in again. then 10 mins later back out...
Keep checking the weather... then just the few mins when I was totally engrossed in the pitstop window of the DTM race it rained - I realised dashed out but too late - soaked! 30 mins later put it all back out again!!!! GRRR!!!!

Also I keep getting headaches I think it is when it is humid like this