Wednesday, July 25, 2012

I'll sing you a song of the fish of the sea

We're going sea fishing tomorrow. I know - but it seemed a good idea at the time.


We're being picked up at 7.15 am. If I'd known that earlier we might not have been going sea fishing tomorrow. Still the forecast is good so it should be a good day out.


My only experience of sea fishing is watching Jaws and I'm hoping there won't be many similarities. After university Husband sailed around the Channel Islands on a catamaran and when the money ran out they lived on foraged berries and fish caught by trailing a line behind the boat. The lunch I'm packing for tomorrow would probably have kept them fed for a week.


I will, of course, be taking lots of photos especially of the huge fish I shall catch - although if I have to kill it myself it will be going back into the sea. After the photo has been taken.

2 comments:

Leslie: said...

duh duh duh duh duh duh duh

I remember seeing Jaws at the theater and almost jumped out of my seat when the shark leapt right at the camera!

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

That's a very fine mackerel you sort of co-caught !
In fact , it's just made my mind up about tomorrow's supper ... mackerel (from the market) , it is .