Monday, March 05, 2012

Today I blame the trustees

I am beginning to think this book will never get published!


createspace.com was recommended for print self-publishing. It's part of Amazon but it seems to me that everything is done in America. So I have to fill in really complicated forms to avoid paying US tax - I can't even understand the page that supposed to explain what you have to do - and books are printed in the US, which is not ideal for lots of reasons. There might be an British version but I can't find it.


So I pop over to lulu.com. At least this is in English but that's where the easyness stops. 


Perhaps I'm just tired and nothing is making sense; perhaps it will all look better in the morning.


I was hoping to launch the eBook this week and I might still do that depending how enthused I get tomorrow.


And don't get me started on isbns ...


Truth of the matter is I have circuits tonight and then I have to go straight to take notes at a trustee meeting, meaning I'm in a bad mood. And possibly hungry. Yes, I think a little something is what I need.

6 comments:

Peter Banks said...

Good buddy has self-published using Troubador and very pleased.

Best, PBx

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, Peter. I'll check that out tomorrow.

Suburbia said...

Good luck Liz x

Rose said...

I do hope you can find a simple way to get this published, Liz. It's ironic that everything seems to "be done in the U.S." Anything we buy here seems to have been made in China or imported from Mexico:)

You deserve a little chocolate..

mrsnesbitt said...

Cor Liz! here we are waiting to buy!

Furtheron said...

You can take another option - forget the form name W6-BEN or something like that. You pay USA tax in the relevant state - you then tell the UK HMRC that you have. You get a return from the USA and then you declare that on your UK tax return under foreign earnings and state the amount of tax paid. We always pay more in the UK so they then adjust your code the next year to sort out the under payment...

However you then never have clue where you are! They sent me a large cheque as a rebate last year then said I was £800 underpaid so my code this year was hit... I was like - "Why didn't you take that out the other amount?" but never worth having that conversation with them is it..

The trials and tribulations of an internationally published author hey?