Thursday, November 24, 2011

Husband's brilliant ideas

A few weeks ago Husband had a brilliant idea. He said, 'We won't put tacky Christmas lights up outside the front of the house; I'll make a grotto around the pond with lights and reindeer drinking and maybe a polar bear and ...'

He was getting carried away; can you tell?

Today he came back from B&Q and said, 'Do you know how much a polar bear costs?! So I've had a brilliant idea. (Another one?) Long threads of outdoor lights are very cheap so you can make some reindeer out of sticks and I'll decoratively wrap them in lights. How about that? Of course they'll have to 3 dimensional.'

Husband thinks I have as much time on my hands as he does. (And that I am capable of making a reindeer out of sticks that looks less like very bad modern art and more like a reindeer.)

5 comments:

Leslie: said...

Hubby's original idea IS brilliant, but it is ALSO a tad expensive. I'd love to do something like that, but where do I store the stuff for 11 months of the year? Let alone pay for it all? lol I'm sure you'll come up with some other brilliant idea...other than making reindeer out of sticks. :D

CherryPie said...

The I have had a brilliant idea sounds on a par with the comment Mr C makes 'I've been thinking'. It invariably means trouble!!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Well, it's a good idea ... in principle.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

How about dressing George up as a reindeer and sitting him the front window* in the evening? No?
*You could bribe him with a dog chew .

Liz Hinds said...

Husband's ideas now include a fat Santa as well, leslie!

Oh it does, cherrypie!

The last two words are the vital ones, welshcakes!

I think we'd need several boxes of dog chews, sonata. Other than that it's a 'brilliant idea'!