Sunday, November 20, 2011

Fabulous fungi

I spotted all these fungi in the woods of Killerton estate in Devon last week. Unfortunately I know nothing about mushrooms except that some are deadly. I tried googling for images but that wasn't a lot of use. I got as far as ascertaining that the first one might be the common funnel mushroom or the brown beech or ... something else.

Any fungiperts out there who can identify any of these? The last two are probably the same; I just included the first example because it was huge!




5 comments:

nick said...

There are plenty of fungi growing on our waterlogged lawn, but I couldn't identify them. And I doubt very much if they're edible.

Liz Hinds said...

That's a shame. It seems like free food going to waste!

jams o donnell said...

Sorry can't help Liz.

Katney said...

Wild mushrooms are a source of endless photographic wonder.

I get my edible fungi from the supermarket.

Furtheron said...

can't help as no idea myself but as Basil Brush said - "I knew you'd be into mushroom collecting as you look such a fun guy"... HAHAHAHAHA