Sunday, November 27, 2011

Afternoon tea

My friend got married yesterday. Second time for both of them, they wanted a very casual event and decided to have afternoon tea instead of a 'proper' reception and, as they were working to a tight budget, I offered to organise it for them.

I had lots of people making cakes and helping me do sandwiches - which take a surprisingly long time to assemble - and it all turned out fine in the end.
Except my resolution to be good and refrain failed miserably. Well, there were so many things that I just needed to taste to make sure ...

As a result I woke in the middle of the night of the night feeling sick. The thought occurred to me that being sick would get rid of all those bad fatty calories - but then I remembered I hate being sick. Next thing I knew I was waking up three hours later feeling much better. But I'm having a not-eating-much day today to let my tummy relax.

Now these two photos are mainly for Furtheron's benefit. The groom is a musician and has about 20 guitars. After the service he and the bride, who's a saxophonist, and the rest of their band played some jazz and blues, and these are the guitars he used.
He did explain to me what this one was but I've forgotten.


6 comments:

sally in norfolk said...

our friends are doing just the same early next year... although thankfully i am not organizing it :-) but I am sure i will also over indulge as i cannot resist a nice bit of cake

Anonymous said...

Looks a bit like a Dobro steel ;-)

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

That's a lovely spread and it sounds like the perfect wedding reception .
I wish them every happiness together

Furtheron said...

Wow - fine collection... the second one from the right looks like a 70s Antoria - which if it is tell him to never sell it! Great guitars vastly underrated - made in I believe FujiGen something factory same as Ibanez have been for years and the old JV and SQ series Squiers and Fenders and some Orville by Gibsons...

The single one is an electric resonator - again unusual, never got into resonators, they don't suit my style is the simple answer


Oh the food spread looks super but sorry got distracted with guitars ... as ever :-)

Liz Hinds said...

It is so hard not to try 'just the one', Sally!

Quite possibly, stu.

Thank you, Sonata.

I thought you'd approve, furtheron. Yes, resonator, that sounds right.

CherryPie said...

What a nice way to do it :-) The food looks delicious.