Thursday, September 22, 2011

Medical updates

Husband is worse again today. As I write this, at 10.00 pm on Thursday night, I'm waiting to hear if the surgeon has decided to operate tonight or tomorrow or not.

On the positive side, Daughter had her 20-week scan today and all is well and growing as it should. They decided not to find out the sex of the baby and I'm pleased about that.

On a less pleasant side, tomorrow I go for my routine mammogram. Boobs squeezed between 2 metal plates until you think they can't can't squeeze them any more. And then they do. Joy.

Shall phone the hospital now. No reply. Will try again later.

6 comments:

CherryPie said...

I am sorry to hear your hubby has taken a turn for the worse. It must be a stressful time for you. I hope you manage to get through to the hospital to find out what is going on.

Leslie: said...

I sure hope and pray that surgery will not be required. However, if it is to be, praying all will go well. Please keep us updated. Sending hugs to you both. {{{}}}

nick said...

The latest research suggests mammograms aren't very helpful in detecting breast cancer (or anything else). Very often they give false positives when there's actually no problem at all.

Shirley Davis (crafter) said...

Hi Liz - not much in touch with you it seems but I am keeping in touch with the Big Boss on your behalf, and hubby's, and always read my Google Reader so I know what is happening - keep strong OR know who to turn to when you need to cave in f or a while. The best of us have tears. Love, Me x

Furtheron said...

I hope he is better soon

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Reading this on Saturday morning , I hope that the problem has been sorted out now ... and with the minimum of pain and discomfort .
Good Luck ! And a quick recovery .