Thursday, August 25, 2011

Devonshire Dumpling

I've just heard that Devonshire Dumpling died back in July.

It's strange as I was thinking of her only this morning as she was one of those people who seemed like more than just a blogging acquaintance but who suddenly disappeared from the scene.

I thought I must have done something to upset her when I found I wasn't allowed into her blog - she could be a touchy lady - but Sally tells me that she cut off most of her blog friends when she became ill.

It is very sad news: although she could have a sharp tongue and a biting wit, she was entertaining and we talked of meeting up especially when it was rumoured that there was to be a ferry across the Bristol Channel that would enable us to practically pop next door to visit each other.

Yvonne loved her animals and found comfort in them. She was disabled by her deafness so may be she found it easier to communicate with her beloved dog than with people. She did have a loneliness about her that seemed to go deep although she joked about it.

I'm sorry we never met and about her decision to go it alone at the end, without her blogging friends. The blog world may be a virtual one but the people are very real.

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Yes! The people are very real. Nice post! I didn't know the Devonshire Dumpling...but I am sorry for her death.

jams o donnell said...

I'm sorry to hear this Liz. People you encounter on the net can be as real in most ways as people out there in so called real life

Louis Profeta said...

At times people, some complete strangers, some even homeless living in the simple cardboard box, touch our sensitive hearts greatly with their poetry painted lives then disappear into a spiral of rising smoke and we realize the deafening message in their poem.

Louis Profeta said...

Life has not been hard with regard to labor, it has been the hardest crossword puzzle man has ever created in mistake's clues.Lucky for the creative is able to create its own corner of the world map to find its comfort in, hard to clear a quiet corner but when you do, above all, it is yours forever.

LProfeta said...

The heavenly spirit has always been my guide to life's simple treasures. I always felt sorry for those people that choose to carry very heavy bags of gold on their shoulders not really knowing the route to where they wished to go to let these bags down to release the weight of gold.

LProfeta said...

At one time I was afraid to die and meet the devil, him wanting to review my profile or something, and in a dream my God told me he wanted me to meet this devil creature. He was brought towards me, this object of myth, he was shooting flames from his head top, I was terrified, told my Lord and he said "Louis extend your hand in greeting" and the devil disappeared, running from my kindness of greeting, forever.When you realize where your going after death one becomes the happiest ever absent of all fears, living in truth forever.By my example I tell you this.

LProfeta said...

Now my only wish to extend my experience to others in need, for this I must do, it's the true way of all souls. And I was given a great way to do this, to inspire others, on this keyboard, wasn't I!

LProfeta said...

The world I see tells me what I need and want but never praises what I already have, so what I have inside and my "I" image fades. Lucky for my a very old sage told me, you continue to search the Universe, Louis, not realizing the Universe is inside you' just think about who made you and your wonders, know who you are, son! I think of this every morning, we are all made by The God's hand, all in a equal way!

LProfeta said...

In all reality life has always been simple as served to us a birth, the mind was new and pure when it was first served to us all, then the world defiled our minds by showing us the twisted mess those wanting to hide behind inside the twisted fibers of a giant ball, hard to unravel we defiled ourselves with heavy layers of scales on our minds that were fighting for oxygen and then would finally stroke, back into the simple world, the mind always wants to save itself even in death, it is the wonder of true life.

NitWit1 said...

Yes it is sad. If and when I wish to discontinue blogging or am incapacitated I will try to warn you with a final post.

I have witnessed that before as well as some who blogged until the very end and someone posted a final post.

I run hot and cold in posting, but I have never cut anyone off. I choose some times to not comment if my thoughts are contentious.