Wednesday, August 24, 2011

ABC Wednesday - F

Ffald-y-brenin is a Christian retreat set on the side of a hilltop in the wilds of west Wales. You can just see it in the very left of this photo. Ffald-y-brenin means sheepfold of the king and you can maybe see the sheep on the hillside too.
At one end of the accommodation building is the beehive chapel.It is built around bedrock that was impossible to move and which has become a feature of the simple chapel.
At the end of the hilltop a cross has been placed from which spot you get the view of the valley I tried to capture in the first photo.

To take part in ABC Wednesday, go here.

11 comments:

CherryPie said...

I looks such a fascinating place :-)

Ruta said...

It looks peaceful...

Leslie: said...

It's beautiful and what a view! Must go see it for myself when I come over. :D

Roger Owen Green said...

Yes, I think the roof looks like a cute cap!

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

James Higham said...

Build on the rock taken literally.

nonizamboni said...

Ffald-y-brenin looks magical and like a bit of heaven on earth!
p.s. I'm a fan of John O'Donohue also. His writing has always touched my heart.

Carver said...

What a great place. I enjoyed your shots of it very much.

ChrisJ said...

Fascinating place in one of my favorite places.

Anonymous said...

Looks Devine!

jabblog said...

What a beautiful setting for a most unusual and attractive building.

JayLeigh said...

What a beautiful chapel and a gorgeous view!