Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Moses, Ruth and George

George and I have just been for a walk. So what you say? Well, what with work and being away a lot I don't get to accompany George on his walks very often these days and when I do it's usually with Husband. Today Husband has gone to Derby to see Mother-in-law so it was just the two of us as it used to be B.R. (before retirement).
Which was good as I could do some thinking.

As I said, we've been looking at the story of Ruth in Zac's. I was amazed to find that Husband had never heard of Ruth; I thought it was the sort of bible story that everyone knew. An erroneous assumption on my part. And that always makes me think of the one who's not Gene Kelly in Singing in the Rain (I bet he gets fed up of being called that; I can see his face clearly but I keep thinking Danny Kaye and I know it's not him). 'Moses supposes his toeses are roses but Moses supposes erroneously for Moses he knowses his toeses aren't roses as Moses supposes his toeses to be.'

Anyway, back to Ruth. I keep thinking that there must be a monologue in there somewhere but, although Ruth is a good woman, I don't feel passionate about her, and couldn't think of a hook on which to hang a monologue. But on our walk I found one. Now all I have to do is think of a way of describing an erection without getting sniggers from everyone at Zac's.

Yes, I know: it's not going to be possible.

And back to George. I really shouldn't have read him the story of the gruffalo. He's always kept a wary eye open for squirrels and foxes, bears and hippos, but now he frequently eyes the bushes with a very concerned expression.

2 comments:

CherryPie said...

That is one surprised expression!

Trubes said...

Looks like George has turned his eye 70 degrees to the left....all very funny Liz made me chuckle, in fact most of the stuff you write makes me chuckle!

Di,xx