Monday, April 11, 2011

Hospital visiting

I finally plucked up courage to go for an allergy blood test. When I arrived at the hospital I discovered the rules for the car park have changed. Now you have to show your appointment card or letter to the attendant to get a token. I had neither so went to check with the attendant what I was supposed to do. He said, 'You'll get a numbered waiting order slip; bring that.'

All the time I was fingering the slip saying to myself, 'Don't tear it up, don't tear it up,' only to find when I got back that the attendant had finished for the day and the barrier was up permanently.

I thought lunch time would be quiet in the vampire department but there was quite a queue so I got to read year-old celebrity mags full of people I've never heard of. Then I got this pain in my chest. A really bad pain. I thought, 'This it: I've come for a blood test and I'm going to have a heart attack.'

I am seriously not good in hospitals or with anything to do with blood.

By the way, I didn't have a heart attack.

2 comments:

Ole Phat Stu said...

Imagine though, the report :

"Liz Hinds, allergic to Maltesers."

THEN, you'd get the heart attack ;-)

Liz Hinds said...

Don't even joke about such things, Stu!!