Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The final beatitudes

I struggled with writing something for the last two beatitudes: blessed are the merciful and those who are persecuted for righteousness.

I've been trying to write in different styles each week and I liked the idea of a questionnaire that I've used for the merciful but I'm not happy with the final outcome. It needs more work - but I just don't have time at the moment.

And lack of thinking time was my problem with the final beatitude on persecution. So I was crafty and I've used a monologue that I wrote some time ago about the prostitute who poured oil on the feet of Jesus. It's one of my own favourite pieces of writing and affects me each time I read it.

These two final beatitudes are over on my other blog.

Oh and after I'd read the monologue last night one of the men complimented me on my reading. He said, 'You should record it and send it to the BBC.' Hm, I wonder.

No comments: