Saturday, February 05, 2011

Always skip and eat your peas

I was wakened this morning by Husband bringing me breakfast in bed. Warm croissants, butter and jam, with a lovely cup of tea. And flowers. Then he gave me a card. And presents.

You know what it's like when you've just woken up: you're not quite sure what's going on. Imagine that feeling multiplied 10 times over. Is it Valentine's Day? My birthday? Our anniversary? I didn't think it was any of those.

Then Husband said, 'Would you like to go out for a meal tonight? Or shall I cook for you? Or would you prefer to go to the cinema?'
'Okay, enough. Who are you and what have you done with my husband?'

My sensible unromantic husband had declared it official 'I love my wife day'. He said of the card that the thing that made him buy it was the little sentiment written on the back: always skip and eat your peas. That's what I do, you see, when we're out walking: I skip and hop and dance.

I love my husband.


4 comments:

Leslie: said...

That is SO sweet! Enjoy the day. :D

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

That is soooooooo wonderful .. well done Mr usually Unromantic .. We don't celebrate Valentines day .. so I think this is a fab thing to do.

Katney said...

My husband would have to wake up before me to accomplish this. It ain't gonna happen. though he does cook dinner and take me out.

Liz Hinds said...

I did, leslie.

No, we don't do valentine's day either, anne. so this was doubly unexpected!

Husband is usually up before me, katney, or awake at least.