Sunday, October 10, 2010

You see? This is why I get stressed.

Instead of doing what I'm supposed to be doing i.e. writing articles, I'm stripping moss. And blogging about it. And in the grand scheme of things moss stripping doesn't rank high. In fact in just about any scheme of things moss stripping is at the bottom if it's there at all.

And when I step back and look at what I've done I realise:
a) I've only done a tiny bit of the courtyard;
b) I only know it's been done because I've done it. I mean, no-one else would come into the courtyard and exclaim, 'Oh my, what a moss-free courtyard you have!'

Oh, look! The blueberries I'm eating were grown by Mr Wilczewski in Poland. Ah, isn't that nice? Fiddle, it says to wash before use and I haven't showered yet today. Or washed the blueberries. Ah well, what's a bit of pesticide between friends - and I feel I know Mr Wilczewski enough to call him a friend.

I'm going to write now. About dogs and herbs.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Ah, but moss-stripping, or any kind of weeding for that matter, is a great way to relieve stress. The mindless repetition of it all is very satisfying. Of course, if you decide to dig up lots of yard to create a garden and then find that weeds pop up every day and you don't want weeds to grow so you have to get out there all the time to keep the weeds out....well, then you get stressed again.