Friday, October 22, 2010

A scary mop

Last night the now frequent phone call came from Sister-in-law saying that Mother-in-law is in hospital so Husband drove up to Derby today to see her. And bring her home from hospital this afternoon.

It was the usual thing: not using her oxygen properly so not enough to her heart with the resultant chest pains. She says she's going to start using it more now but we shall see.

Anyway Husband will arrive home late this evening so I suppose I'd better move the booby trap from the top of the steps.
Twice this afternoon, since I've been home from work, I've had run into the garden yelling, 'Don't you dare, George!' as he's clambered onto the front bit of garden and been about to make his escape over the side wall.

There used to be a bit of fencing keeping him out/in but Husband removed it when he began work on clearing the front, thinking that George had got over his Great Escapee tendency. It's going to have to go back.

And I realise my booby trap doesn't look particularly terrifying but George is scared of the mop as it sometimes falls on him.

2 comments:

Leslie: said...

I used to put out the vacuum cleaner (hoover to you Brits) - the dog was terrified of it. lol

CherryPie said...

As long as it works that is all that matters.