Saturday, October 23, 2010

Purple pots

Look what I found in Sainsburys!
That's right: purple potatoes! Purple Majesty to be precise. I've never seen them here before although I did have them in a restaurant in Canada.
It quite made my day finding them. Not that it would have taken much to improve my day.

Since he's retired Husband has taken to coming to Sainsburys with me. That and the trips to B&Q are his only outings so he looks forward to it, bless him. But today I escaped on my own. So I didn't have to put up with his 'if you bought that one instead it would save a penny,' and 'what's wrong with Basics bacon?' (It's basically all fat is what's wrong with it.)

But strangely enough I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. (Apart from finding the purple potatoes.) It must be love ...


3 comments:

SDCrafts said...

Mm, not sure I would want to at them - here's an interesting link for you: 'Healthy' purple potato goes on sale in UK supermarkets

Leslie: said...

Gee, I've never seen purple potatoes and you say you had some in Canada...I better look more carefully. :D

Liz Hinds said...

I haven't cooked them yet but I will report back when I do.