Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Phooey

I put on a pound this week.

I wasn't surprised as I haven't been Gettysburg as much exercise and I had mushrooms in garlic butter and the biggest bowl of the creamiest risotto in the world on Saturday when we went out for a meal. Plus other little extras.

In fact I think our slimming teacher might have been following me around this past week. Her talk this morning was about a day in the life of a struggling slimmer called Paula (who bore a striking resemblance to Minnie Mouse) who thought she was being very good and trying very hard. But she didn't count the bits of left-over grated cheese that she squeezed together into a little wedge and ate, or the tiny cubes of free samples in the supermarket, or the bit of left-over pizza crust that was only a mouthful.

Teacher pointed out that all the little extras if repeated daily would add up to 3,500 calories in a week - or 1 pound of fat.

Don't you hate it when people catch you out?

P.S. Gettysburg?!!!!

6 comments:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

What is Gettysburg??

How often do you go into a supermarket that has free samples out ? Or how many Pizza crusts do you eat .. ? It must be me, I cannot remember the last time I squeezed the cheese together and ate .. I don't think 1 pound is the end of the world Liz .. you enjoyed yourself having a delicious bowl of risotto :-) :-)

Katney said...

I was wondering about Gettysburg. Did spellcheck get cranky on you?

CherryPie said...

You are doing fine, you look fantastic. Weight goes up and down a little each week, only little blip is nothing to worry about.

Liz Hinds said...

I spell-checked 'gettuing' and didn't notice that somehow Blogger had decided it should be gettysburg, anne!

It did, katney. And then i thought it looked quite good ...

I know, cherrypie. I'm not worried, just need to be aware and not let it keep slipping up!

Liz Hinds said...

By the way, I mean I know weight goes up and down, cherrypie, not that I look fantastic!!

Liz Hinds said...

But thank you anyway!