Saturday, October 30, 2010

Next time ...

... I have a 'bright idea' I'll keep my mouth closed until I've thought about it. Or better still I'll send it straight back where it came from.

It was me who suggested to the organisers of unplugged that a poetry bit would be a good addition. And me who said, 'Yes, of course,' when they said, 'will you do it for us then?'

But thanks to people here and on facebook for their encouragement and ideas I've decided on my 'set' and I'm not going to change my mind again. Remind me I said that when I start dithering and saying, 'should I do this instead?'

I'm off to the hairdressers this afternoon - a girl has to look good for her public - and, instead of enjoying a supply of Hello magazines, I'm going to learn one piece off by heart.

If these butterflies in my stomach would just pupate everything would be hunky-dory.

6 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Good luck Liz. Sadly it's a bit late for pupating.. give them a bit of honey and give yourself a stiff drink!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Yes, good luck!

sally in norfolk said...

sure you will be fantastic :-)

Leslie: said...

I have a feeling you'll be a hit! :D

Liz Hinds said...

Thanks, all. I'm feeling much calmer now I've settled to something and have almost learned bits. I'm hoping Husband will video it - if he remembers to switch it on this time! - so no doubt you'll be seeing the evidence for yourself. Any opportunity to show off!

Gledwood said...

Off to the hairdressers... Liz you always look good. In fact you remind me of a TV actress in looks and in mannerisms (I have seen your cookery videos, y'know)... what on earth her blinkin' name is escapes me. I've been racking me brains on this one for yonxx...

I'M BACK ELIZABETH: THE EVIL GOBLIN WHO NIBBLED MY POWERCABLE HAS FINALLY BEEN VANQUISHED AND SEVEREL PUNISHED: (HE'S DOING 5-AND-A-HALF HOURS' COMMUNITY SERVICE)