Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Made it!

I hit the 9 st mark in slimming class this morning. And that was with my clothes and shoes. Yay!

So I'm well within the healthy weight for a woman of my age and height. My BMI's 21 and visceral fat (around organs) 5%, so all well and good. So good I've just eaten 2 date flapjacks to celebrate.

That's the trouble: when we celebrate we usually go out to eat, have a special meal or munch chocolate. And we bring our children up saying, 'if you're good I'll buy you sweets,' thus indoctrinating them in the same way. If you're good you can have an apple doesn't have quite the same effect.

I'm sure there are lots of other enticements that trendy mums use - like a handful of sultanas or sunflower seeds - bleurgh. But the good thing about this diet I've been on is that it's encouraged me to use a smaller dinner plate and eat less, and it works: I'm generally eating less.

If I can just maintain it for life ...

7 comments:

jams o donnell said...

Congratulations Liz. Well done!

CherryPie said...

Well done :-)

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Well done .. I don't use the same size plate as my husband but if I did I would not have the same amount of food as him. Sometimes though I will eat more than him, especially if it is pasta ..

Are you eating less and not hungry or just eating less... did you eat for the sake of eating .. How often do you eat out .. cannot remember the last time I did.

Ole Phat Stu said...

I would trust YOU to take your clothes off in the slimming class just to achieve that magic 9 st mark ;-)







BTW§: The word verificastion is LECKER, neat German Freudan slip...

sally in norfolk said...

very very well done :-) afraid i have fallen off the rails again but will get back onto them soon :-0

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you, all!

I am eating less, anne, and not hungry, but I do still long for a big plate of bread and cheese! WE don't eat out often but did have fish and chips from the pub as a treat at Daughter's last night.

Strangely enough, stu ...

You'll soon do it, sally.

XXYXX said...

Blimey, the others at RC must secretly look daggers at you. A BMI of 21 is positively skinny! Well done you.

I'm rather pleased I didn't put anything on during my FamilyMoon, so instead of eating to celebrate why not treat yourself to a week by the pool in the sun? You know you deserve it!