Thursday, October 21, 2010

Let's forget about paypal ...

and think about yesterday's trip to Devon. We had a lovely mid-afternoon walk in the grounds of Killerton House, a National Trust property.
And collected some nice fat chestnuts that husband insisted on bringing home to roast. He's looked chestnuts up on t'internet and apparently they're very good for you and much lower in fat than other nuts, being starchy rather than fatty, and more like a cereal than a nut.
Outside the farm shop GrandDaughter looks to Granny for reassurance that although the pumpkin may be bigger than her it's not as pretty.




3 comments:

Suburbia said...

Lovely photo :-)

Katney said...

I roasted chestnuts for my middle schoolers when we studied A Christmas Carol. That may well have been the best part of that year of language arts as we not only had roasted chestnuts, but the principal made us Christmas pudding (not common in the US--we're more into pumpkin pie) and we played Victorian parlor games.

Rose said...

What fun to go looking for pumpkins with your granddaughter, although she doesn't look too happy with this choice:) I usually take one or two of my grandkids to a local farm that raises pumpkins to search for the perfect ones to decorate here, but somehow this year October has gotten away from me, and I wound up buying a few by myself at the local supermarket:(