Monday, October 04, 2010

I've developed a rattle

But it's not life-threatening. It's just the pedometer I'm wearing on my waist.

Several people in slimming class use them and when I mentioned it to Husband he reminded me that we had three in the drawer in the hall. It turned out all three needed batteries and Husband broke one trying to open it, leaving us with two that we had free from Walkers crisps.

I'm not sure how reliable or accurate they are. Husband wore one for his walk today and it recorded 7,000ish steps; the same walk last week took him 9,000ish steps. I said it was because he didn't do the tap dancing in the middle. He said, 'I don't do tap-danicng.'
Oh, no, that's me.

Recommendation is for 10,000 steps in a day. So far today, after being in work, I've done 4,756 but I have circuit training tonight so I should just about make my target. Not good for those days when I'm not in some sort of exercise class though. Although I walk George more then.

One of the ladies in slimming class wears her down her cleavage.

2 comments:

Katney said...

Their accuracy is relative. They count your steps, but don't count stairs? That's what the instructions on one I had said. For mileage, they are based on your stride, which you have to measure with some degree of accuracy. Then if you are hiking on uneven ground (like, many places where you would "hike") the steps are closer or similar to stairs and those either get counted double or not at all.

All in all, they are a rough measure of what you are doing and a good reminder that more steps is better than no steps.

CherryPie said...

My temporary one had a rattle, but now I have the proper one back again. It doesn't rattle and I think it is more accurate than the other one.