Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Betty Beetle is in hospital

She's been there for over a week now. Initially the prognosis was good: a few minor procedures and she'd be good as new. Further investigation has shown deep underlying conditions that require very major surgery. The consultant has advised us to think carefully about whether we want to put her through this.

Husband and I are hoping to meet him tomorrow to get a clearer picture but I think Husband has already made up his mind.

I am trying not to think about it.

4 comments:

CherryPie said...

Oh! Dear!

jams o donnell said...

I hope the news isn't too bad after all!

nick said...

There comes a point when the cost of repairs is so much it makes more financial sense to start again with a newer and more reliable car. But it's always a bit sad to say goodbye to a car that's done such faithful service.

Will you be playing "Baby, you can drive my car" at the euthanasia centre?

Liz Hinds said...

Nick is right I'm afraid. But it's going to be painful.