Thursday, October 21, 2010

Better than yours, mum

I was a bit anxious about making lasagne this week as Younger Son had it in Italy when he stayed with Girlfriend's family recently. Girlfriend's mum made her own pasta and own tomato sauce and YS said it was the best lasagne he'd ever had. 'Even better than yours, mum.'

As Girlfriend is living with us currently it was with some trepidation that I served my lasagne (with sainsburys pasta sheets and Dolmio sauce but with lots of extra vegetables and secret stuff - okay, tomato ketchup) for dinner on Tuesday. Husband said it wasn't as good as usual but he and Girlfriend both had second helpings - although I think GF was just being polite as she's a very nice girl.

As I said previously I was making an extra dishful for Zac's at Gerry's request but I have to say that he was lucky he got any, at least in his mouth rather than over his head, as he was so obnoxious during the bible study.

But he was very grateful.

8 comments:

Suburbia said...

Small Sprogs favourite!
How does anyone find time to make their own pasta and sauce?! Wish I could.

Ruth said...

I always make my own sauce! It's so much nicer than shop bought. Make a big batch and freeze it in portions.
......I have to admit I NEVER make my own pasta though ;-)

Mauigirl said...

I'm sure it was delicious! They ate it, didn't they? ;-)

James Higham said...

Younger Son had it in Italy when he stayed with Girlfriend's family recently

He can have it again though.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

I feel like that when I cook for my son .. except it is his cooking that I have to better.. He has been a chef now for 16 years, and got Best and Senior chef of the Air Force last year and this year a Gold .. and is now off to Luxembourg with a team to compete in the world culinary olympics. I think thats what the comp is.

Peter Banks said...

Still think my mum's roast potatoes best ever... remember your excellent chilli, too, though :-)

NitWit1 said...

When we lived in Morocco we had an Italian wife of an officer who made Lasagna from scratch. Seems it took nearly the whole day to make the sauce.

Not sue she made noodles from scratch. I don't make it at all as too time consuming.

NitWit1 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.