Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Eat chillies and fidget

That's what you have to do if you want to increase your metabolic rate. And eat more. Or at least, eat more often little quantities of healthy food.

Teacher in slimming class did explain why; it's all to do with dietary thermogenics. But for some reason I struggle to make sense of metabolic rate so I just pay attention to what I have to do not why.

Little things like walking around while making a phone call can all help to increase your metabolic rate and thus the speed at which you can use calories and I put that into practice this afternoon.

I was making brownies and had to beat the eggs and sugar together for 10 minutes so, accompanied by Tom Jones, I strutted my stuff around my mixing bowl. If you want my body and you think I'm sexy makes very good beating music. Honky Tonk Woman is pretty good too.

It's a good job the hedge outside the kitchen window has grown again.

2 comments:

Leslie: said...

Talk about boosting your metabolism! What a great idea! I heard Tom on the car radio just yesterday belting out "Memphis." I've seen him twice LIVE in concert here and he just oozes that sex-appeal! Even now at 70, I'd let him leave crumbs in my bed! lol

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Beating eggs and sugar for ten minutes results in an immediate loss of 304 grams.
Just listening to Tom Jones has the same effect .