Saturday, September 19, 2009

It's goodbye from him

Grabbing my last minutes of blogging time. Husband has taken George to the kennels: I can't bear seeing his little face as we walk away and leave him shut in a cage! So I'm pre-posting his birthday photo ready for tomorrow. But we have celebrated already.

We're off for a week in Corsica. I was meant to be looking at hotels in Sardinia so how we ended up self-catering in Corsica I'm not sure but it looks very charming. I'm just hoping the weather will be fine: this last week, according to the internet, they've had rain and storms most days. It will be better next week.

I've showered and washed hair and removed hair - even in places usually hidden by skirts - and am ready to go now. It's a good job we don't go on holiday everyday: it's such a palaver. I have to resist the urge to pack every item of clothing in my wardrobe - just in case. How likely is it that I will be required to re-clothe a whole village made homeless and clothesless by some terrible disaster in the next week in Corsica? No, that's what I thought too, so I've tried to be sensible.

I was (still am as the suitcase isn't locked closed yet) tempted to take my scruffy sloppy wear-all-the-time-around-the-house cardi because it's comfy and snug, but I mustn't. Tell me I mustn't.

It'll be fine once we're in the car and on the way. I stop caring then about what I may have forgotten. Tra le la.

Younger Son gets back from three months in Ibiza while we're away so he'll collect George. I'm wondering how much mess he can make in the gap between him getting home and us getting home ... ah, well, it'll be good to see the boy again.

Have a good week while I'm away!

P.S. I'm going to try and read The Time Traveler's Wife again on holiday. I mean I started before but couldn't get into it so I'm hoping a more concentrated reading time will be helpful.

P.P.S. Right, must switch off now ...

14 comments:

Stu said...

re TTW : It helps to draw a timeline as you read ;-)

James Higham said...

I've showered and washed hair and removed hair

Liz, no - you've shaved it all off?

James Higham said...

Good luck, by the way.

Anonymous said...

have a lovely holiday, George will get spoilt :0)
TTTW I've got that but not read it yet.


A. xx

NitWit1 said...

Enjoy your holiday. George will survive and might enjoy. Luckie is used to this but never enjoys.

And my conscience makes me call the kennels on my cell phone every few days.

Anonymous said...

George will soon have younger son wrapped right round his paws! Have a lovely time in Corsica (old cardi or not).
Wendy (Wales)

sally in norfolk said...

Have a great holiday.... Corsica is the first place i went walking with Geoff :-)

Dragonstar said...

Have a great time Liz.

Rose said...

Have a wonderful time! I'll be by this week to wish George a happy birthday, too.

And just who were you worried about making a mess while you were gone--George or Younger Son??

My theory is if I run out of clothes on a trip, I'll just have to go shopping! Enjoy.

jmb said...

Have a wonderful vacation Liz. I am sure George will be fine. Cleo loved going to the kennels and visiting with all the other dogs.

MissKris said...

Have a great time away...rest and relax. You'll need it once the wee one is here and you go to help out. Remember those middle-of-the-nite feedings??? Even if Mom nurses like my d-i-l did, I'd rock the baby back to sleep so she could get some extra rest.

Barbara said...

Have a great holiday in the sun.

jay said...

Have fun on holiday! I'm just the same as you. I fret about what to take, and have to be very strict with myself not to pack EVERYTHING, but once on the way, I stop worrying. Silly, isn't it?

I thought Time Traveler's Wife was a fantastic book. I'm still annoyed with Audrey for not writing any more.

Devonshire Dumpling said...

I bet George is getting thoroughly spoilt.....can't wait to see his (and your) holiday snaps.