Sunday, September 06, 2009

The good, the bad and the yucky

First the good.

Daughter and Son-in-law came up for the weekend. It was lovely to see them and be able to put my hand on Daughter's tummy and feel Baby moving. Then Elder Son turned up as well. He'd dropped his wife off in Somerset for a hen do so came and spent the night with us. All very lovely.

The Bad.

I've had a dodgy tummy and have spent the day watching Carry On films, reading How to Be a Good Granny, and lying on the sofa feeling sorry for myself.

Feeling better now but very hungry and I'm wondering what I can eat that won't make me sick in the night.

6 comments:

CherryPie said...

That bug seems to be doing the rounds. I hope you feel better soon :-)

jay said...

Wholemeal pasta with a little grated cheese - and if you must have some fat with it, make it olive oil not butter. Or of course, that old standby, soup with dry toast.

Sorry you've had such a rough weekend. I hope you're over it now and can keep something down.

Lia said...

Sorry to hear you are unwell, I hope it passes soon.
much love,
Lia xx
ps it must have been lovely to feel baby bump. so sweet.

nick said...

When I'm ill and most food seems unappealing, I find yoghurt slips down very nicely.

James Higham said...

Toast and water, dearest.

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you, cherrypie, jay, lia, nick and james.

It was lovely to feel Baby, lia.