Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Swansea's answer to Pamela Anderson

I just saved a life!

While eating lunch in the garden I was idly watching a bee doing backstroke in the pool. It wasn't until its little limbs stopped flailing around that I began to wonder if it were normal for a bee to swim, let alone do backstroke.

I leapt into action. With my knife.

Have you ever tried to fish a bee out of a pool using only a knife?

I finally got him out and onto the table where I left him to dry off. I was a little concerned that I might have to do mouth to mouth resuscitation as I don't know which end of a bee is the stingy bit but, at last, one of its legs waved and I sat back satisfied that I'd done my duty.

I'm hoping that he'll remember and, when a swarm of bees is about to attack me, he'll push his way to the front and say, 'No! Stop! She saved my life; we must spare her.' You know, like that lion who had a nail in his paw.

9 comments:

James Higham said...

I leapt into action. With my knife.

My heart leaps to my gthroat, fearing the crazed look on your visage.

Whew!

nick said...

That sounds like an excellent bee-protection tactic. Now all I have to do is find a drowning bee and rescue it....

Gledwood said...

aye!

Liz Hinds said...

that look is my normal one, james.

I would recommend it to everyone, nick.

NitWit1 said...

Hope the bee remembers you. Luckie makes a game of trying to catch the flying ones. I hope I have Benadryl handy after it stings her a dozen times.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Are you referring to Androcles's lion, Pamela? Tell me, do you still have your...er...assets?

Anonymous said...

That would bee a her not a him.

Liz Hinds said...

George tries that too, nitwit.

Possibly, puss. And yes, but mine are all my own!

I thought about that when I wrote it, aileni, but opted for he, thinking the female is the queen.

Mauigirl said...

Love it. I do stuff like that too. I don't like to see any creature die - except cockroaches!