Wednesday, June 03, 2009

A martyr, that's me

We have visitors for the weekend so I'm cleaning. The sun is shining, I'm poorly (cough, cough) and I'm cleaning. I am such a martyr.

Our visitors are Rich-Sister-in-law and her partner and they're - wait for it - being flown down in a friend's plane.

You know how sometimes you just get used to something and don't really notice it until you're eating in the garden and Elder Son says, 'It's like eating in a junk-yard'? And then you notice that the table is awfully dirty and tatty and all the chairs are a bit broken.

It's too late to buy new garden furniture before our visitors arrive so I'll have to hope the weather changes. We want it dry so we can go and show off Gower but not nice enough to eat outside.

P.S. Rich-Sister-in-law is very nice and won't mind but I will.

3 comments:

James Higham said...

Have a good weekend.

CherryPie said...

I think the weather may change for the weekend...

nick said...

If they appreciate you for what you are, they won't be bothered about the state of the garden furniture. Just keep the wine flowing and they probably won't notice the garden furniture at all....