Friday, May 22, 2009

Out with the old

Long time readers of this blog may recall my old polisher (left) and my grumbles when Husband dug it out from the attic when we were in the process of decorating the hall.


But, a few weeks ago, after Husband had bought himself a new pressure washer and a new lawn mower, I rebelled and ordered myself a new polisher (right).

It's taken a few weeks for the spray polish that goes with it to arrive but this afternoon I set to polishing the hall floor.

The instructions in the manual aren't very explicit and the instructions on the spray polish are ... in French. Well, other languages too but French was the closest we came to identifying one.

With my O-level and Husband's evening class French we determined that I had to apply the polish with the brosses noires, which we took to be black brushes. Unfortunately there weren't any black brushes, or anything black at all. So I did what any self-respecting housewife would do: I made it up.

The result isn't quite as shiny as I would have hoped but maybe it has a cumulative effect.

In the manual it says the floor shouldn't be walked upon for 24 hours after polishing. As, this evening, we have four two-legged visitors and at least one four-legged one arriving I probably should have chosen a better time for polishing.

4 comments:

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Now don't get like the woman in the Jean Renoir film who fell in love with her cireuse électrique!

Bengbeng said...

sounds familiar... i bought a handphone which came with instructions in a foreign language which i dont understand. luckily i managed to convert the medium to English but the manual is only in the foreign language :) I got to learn by trial n error.

I guess u chose a wrong time to polish hahahaah

Leslie: said...

I guess the floor is better than before for the guests but you might end up having to do it again. *sigh* lol

Furtheron said...

Mrs F just gets on her hands and knees... I'd better not show her this :-)