Thursday, May 21, 2009

The mysteries of life and the hoover

Why is that every time I go to use the hoover it's full and I have to empty it first?

I would think that it's doing a little light hoovering while I'm asleep but the carpets show no sign of that. So I can only conclude that my hoover has got itself a night-shift cleaning a factory in order to put some money aside to save for a place of its own one day.

I wouldn't mind that - I'd applaud its initiative - but if it's clever enough to get a part-time job then surely it's smart enough to empty itself afterwards?

10 comments:

NitWit1 said...

I eliminated this dilemma with two robots and far less carpet.

However,the robots require more frequent emptying as their bins are much smaller.

Rose said...

I'm just thankful to have a vacuum at all after Sophie ate the cord on the first one:) At least she hasn't eaten a phone yet.

The photos from Kew Gardens are beautiful! This must have been a magnificent place to visit. And what is it with young people and sushi?? My older daughter loves it, but so far I haven't been brave enough to try it.

Joy Des Jardins said...

That's funny Liz...but who knows what's going on while you're sleeping. You've reminded me that my vaccuming is long overdue...geesh thanks.

Furtheron said...

whenever I get the hoover out I somehow manage to pull the thing so it empties itself over the floor... Mrs F just loves that!

Suburbia said...

And why is everything inside always just grey?

Mean Mom said...

Lol! Oh, if only the hoover really would empty itself! I detest that job - even more than emptying the swing bin.

Berni said...

I only have one small carpet in the living room the rest is laminate floor but I hate getting my vacuum cleaner out it is so heavy and as you say it seems it always needs something done to it.

James Higham said...

That's where the exercise part come in so you don't atrophy.

jmb said...

My vacuum doesn't seem to need emptying for ages. Is it because I don't vacuum very often I wonder?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Yes, they ought to make one that would empty itself!