Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Womanizer? In his dreams

Over on his blog, James has a quote from Richard Burton.
"I rather like my reputation, actually, that of a spoiled genius from the Welsh gutter, a drunk, a womanizer; it's rather an attractive image."

I was recently talking to a man who said, 'I used to be a drunk and a womanizer.' (I mix in the best circles.) I looked him up and down. (It was okay; he didn't notice. He was too busy talking about himself.) All I can assume is that he's more attractive when he's drunk. Or maybe he just imagines he's a womanizer when he's drunk.

I'm sorry, that's horrid, but honestly some men. I mean I can see the appeal of Richard Burton but this particular one ...

5 comments:

Furtheron said...

Firstly I never understand people who are drunks and womanizers. I was a drunk and put all my energy into that I had precious little energy left for the other, maybe I was just a better drunk than he or Richard Burton were... :-)

However I see many men who are womanizers drunks or not and honestly Liz I don't get it either - I'm no oil painting or a special person but a lot of women do go for the self-obsessed womanizer type. It's one of the worlds great mysteries to me... although to be fair in life there are a lot of great mysteries to me.

Liz Hinds said...

Life is pretty much a mystery to me too, furtheron.

CherryPie said...

Maybe just wishful thinking on his part?

Annie Forrester Barker said...

It may have something to do with the fact that some womanizers are able to pick up on the fact that many women are insecure and the attention that they receive--in spite of the source--makes them feel special. Am not sure that I understand the attraction either, but there is probably a hefty dose of desperation on both sides.

Garth said...

I guess most people are more attractive (even to themselves) when they're drunk.