Friday, March 06, 2009

Today's cake disaster

As I was in the community cafe today, yesterday I decided I'd make a cake to take. Daughter had sent me a recipe for a 'lovely blueberry crumb cake'.

I'd just started making it when Wayne the Windows arrived to measure up. I pushed everything out of George's reach and left him in the kitchen while I took Wayne round to measure.

When I went back to mixing, George had obviously been investigating and trying to reach as I kept finding hairs on my fingers - or in the mix! I couldn't take that to the cafe to sell but I'd started so I finished. But really I should have saved the ingredients for a better day.
It was slightly burned even though I cooked it for 20 minutes less than it said, and then it fell apart when I tried to take it out of the tin.

How it's supposed to look.
How mine looks. (And this is flattering to it.)

10 comments:

CherryPie said...

I think maybe George ate some of the ingredients which is why it didn't work out!

Liz Hinds said...

That's a possibility, cherrypie!

Katney said...

You should see the last cake we baked and we didn't even have help from George. DD won't let me post the photos.

Anonymous said...

never mind how it looks - how does it taste? My cake disasters (and ther have been a few) are salvaged by covering the offending cake in..cream, custard or chocolate (fairtrade naturally !!)

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

But how did it taste, Liz?

Anonymous said...

LOL! Yeah, that doesn't look quite right, does it?

I think something's missing. You did put the eggs in, didn't you?

Or did George eat them?

Suburbia said...

It's not the look that counts, it's how it tastes! So how was it?

Joy Des Jardins said...

Okay, so it didn't turn out just right. I'm with the others....how does it taste? It still looks pretty good to me.

Liz Hinds said...

It actually tastes okay. I'm eating some now! I thyink a big dollop of custard might have been nice too ...

Furtheron said...

Time I got baking again with my daugther - we've not made anything for a while.... Oh damn Mrs F is on the diet and presuming we all are as well... :-)