Thursday, March 26, 2009

Procrastination is a wonderful thing

I was trying to work through my blogroll yesterday, catching up on my visits, but I really should tidy up my blogroll. Even better I should do that clever thing that lots of people have where you see if a blog's been updated.

There are people not on my list who should be, and people on there who haven't blogged for ages. But they were on there originally because they meant something to me and to remove them is like losing friends. Friends like Winston. For those of you who don't know, lovely Winston died suddenly last year, so, although some of the bloggers who've gone quiet might start writing again, there's no chance he will! But while his blog exists, he'll stay on my list.

So I'll procrastinate instead. I'm good at that.

* * * * * * * *

This morning I'm going to write a synopsis for my new novel and send it off. I have the first three chapters ready but I've put off posting them because I don't know what's going to happen at the end yet. So I'll make it up and start on the merry-go-round of rejections.

{I have a spot on the palm of my hand! No-one ever has spots on their palms! I am a freak!}

And I am so annoyed! In bed last night I started reading a novel I'd bought in the charity shop. It is so like my first totally-rejected novel that I don't believe it! In both writing style and things the author speaks of. Pah! And triple pah!!!

Never mind. Onwards and upwards.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

losing friends is horrible, maybe keep the link as a tribute to your friend.

there is a widget for giving blog updates - very easy to install.

I can't decide about blogging... I'll just procrastinate too!!!

Furtheron said...

Why do something today that which can easily put off until tomorrow...

I'm a hopeless procrastinator myself.

The clever thing is easily done, I'll send you some simple instructions via email.

Re the book - typical - I had a great idea for a novel once, procrastinated on it for some years then read a book which was it!!! Darn.

Leslie: said...

Have you ever wondered if someone who rejected your novel "took" it and went with it?

I have the same problem with my blogroll - I just don't have the same time to visit people as I used to but I still think I'll get back to it one day.

Liz Hinds said...

I will keep it there, amanda.

Thank you, furtheron!

I did wonder, leslie. I even checked the name and publishing details but nothing sounded familiar.

sally in norfolk said...

I have also been going to tidy up my blog roll for weeks maybe even months... :-(

Anonymous said...

Me? Procrastinator?
No, I'm an amateur crastinator; nobody is paying me for it ;-)

Anonymous said...

Quadruple PAH!!
I know the feeling.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

I didn't know about Winston. I am so sorry.
I hate taking people off the blogroll as I imagine everyone will be as hurt as I would be! But now I take off people who haven't blogged for 3 months. After all, you can always put them back on!