Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Massaging all my bits


I don't know if you can see from this photo but George has taken to chewing the name tag that dangles on his collar. No, you can't see it, but take my word for it: he has his name tag in his mouth.
* * * * * * * * *
I was privileged today to be invited, with others, to a meeting at Zac's to discuss what measures can be put in place to help Sean in the running of the Tuesday evening Bible study. At the moment he does everything at Zac's and, as he said, 'If I were to be run down by a bus tomorrow ...' Lots of ideas came out of the meeting and I hope it was helpful. From a selfish viewpoint, it's wonderful to feel useful and valued.
* * * * * * * *
After the meeting I headed off for the massage parlour.
For Christmas, Elder Son and Daughter-in-law gave me a voucher for a de-stress full body massage and I finally got round to having it this afternoon. Oooh, it was blissful. The only problem was staying fully awake to enjoy it.

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

We once had a cat that nibbled at her collar disc and she jammed her mouth open and also one paw got stuck. She came limping up to me to have herself untangled.

Suburbia said...

He's just like a child! Both mine chew things, not that I have them labled and tagged!!

I must join something, I would like to feel useful and needed!!!

Katney said...

I'm just back a bit ago from my massage and relishing in the scent of the lavender oil Ana uses.

Anonymous said...

I too would like to feel needed and useful and have a massage.

Sounds like a wonderful day

CherryPie said...

What a lovely picture of George!

Furtheron said...

First thing... make sure Sean avoids all bus routes.

I was thinking of getting Mrs F a massage voucher from the shop opposite us for her birthday... might be a good idea do you think? She's been a bit stressed lately... largely cos I've been a bit stressed lately :-)

Gledwood said...

I hadn't even read that post, Liz (because it came up picturewise on "followers") when the urge had possessed me already to call him a naughty, mischievious (yet surely loveable) swine!

Aye!

Morning Glories in Round Rock said...

George looks very handsome and wise. Wonder if chewing on his tags is like nail biting. Maybe he does it when he is working out all the problems of the world.