Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Heinke's shortbread

Heinke makes the best shortbread in the world. She's given me the recipe but mine still isn't as good as hers. So I asked her if she'd make some for Zac's Christmas Fair.

Last Sunday she brought the shortbread to church for me. She said, 'There are two rounds and one is for you.' She knows how much I love it.

But, sighing deeply at my own nobility and generosity, I thought I'd give both to Zac's. Then I opened the packing and saw what Heinke'd written on it. 'For Liz (all for herself)'

Well, I couldn't' go against her so clearly stated wishes could I?

5 comments:

Morning Glories in Round Rock said...

Ummmmmmm. I love good shortbread. Give us the recipe!

Leslie: said...

Oh, lucky you! My mother taught her girls a recipe for shortbread and the dough is just as good as the finished product! lol I'll be making some for a non-blood great aunt for Christmas. I think I'll pass on it for myself this year. Don't want to add anything more to the waistline.

CherryPie said...

Yummy! I am glad she knew you well enough to put the message on so you kept it ;-)

Suburbia said...

Mmmm, looks delicious! Do you have any left?!

Anonymous said...

oooooh! I love shortbread...