Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas dinner x 2

We had our staff lunch today and very lovely it was too. I spent most of the time playing with and reading to Malachi and Evie, so I enjoyed myself playing at honorary grandma.
This is the cake I gave my to my giftee. It was meant to be holly not bells but I discovered late last night that cutting out holly freehand isn't as easy as you might think, and I happened to have a bell cutter.
My gift from Secret Santa was elephant poo. Complete with a Christmas tree seed. It says that by next Christmas I will have a mini tree. I shall keep you informed of progress though, knowing my talent for killing green things, I wouldn't hold your breath.
Now I'm about to get ready to go out for my second Christmas dinner of the day. It's a hard life but someone has to do it.
Daughter and Son-in-law plus Holly Dog and Charlie Cat have arrived for the weekend, and Elder Son and Daughter-in-law will be here later. We're having a pretend Christmas dinner tomorrow. Daughter brought some of her yummy cookies for me. Mmm. Just what I needed in between two dinners.
One of the friends we're eating with tonight is a Linden trustee and was invited to the lunchtime meal today but he turned it down saying he couldn't eat two dinners in one day ...

11 comments:

CherryPie said...

Sounds like a fun evening and weekend to me :-)

Jay said...

That cake looks great! And all you got was elephant poop? Hahaha!

Eunoia said...

Heffalump o' Poo?
Heffalump o' Poo??
Heffalump o' Poo???

I WOULD hold my breath!

Puss-in-Boots said...

Elephant poo? Is that really what you said, Liz??

Suburbia said...

I wish I'd thought of elephant poo for my secret santa!

Hippy Mama said...

So do you plant the seed in the elephant poo? How much elephant poo? I *do* spend far too much time with children ;0)

the cake looks lovley, have a lovley weekend :0)

James Higham said...

cutting out holly freehand isn't as easy as you might think

I should say not, Liz.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

As you say, someone has to do it! Pretty cake - the bells are very effective, actually.

Leslie: said...

What a gorgeous cake! Is that ribbon around the edge?

jams o donnell said...

It looks great with bells Liz.. or Teachers, or Famous Grouse! Seriously have a happy Christmas Liz

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes