Friday, October 31, 2008

Friday bits

When I was in prison this week I was issued with an alarm thingy to hang on my waistband. Afterwards I was told that if I'd pressed it, thirty big strong prison officers would have come running to my rescue.

Ah well, there's always next week.

* * * * * * * * *

I'm so tired and my eyes have such huge bags that when I was in Sainsburys yesterday I bought some Champneys Eye Rescue Gel (on special offer). It sounded ideal, promising to reduce puffiness and shadow.

I applied it after showering this morning. I guess I wasn't made to be a style icon: I ended up going to work with greasy bags and eyelids that stuck together and to my hair.

Why does this always happen to me?

* * * * * * * * *

We're off to Silverton tomorrow for a flying visit to Daughter and Son-in-law. That's assuming they haven't been washed away in the freak storms that hit Devon yesterday. She hasn't emailed me today and that's unusual.

She's probably reveling in the fame of being featured in Marketing Week http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/cgi-bin/item.cgi?id=63084&d=257&h=261&f=3

2 comments:

Suburbia said...

Husband was in Devon yesterday and the storm damage was huge, yet not much on the news about it at all. I do hope your daughter is OK and has not had too much clearing up to do.

Leslie: said...

I just read about your daughter and she sounds like a wonderful, bright young woman! Just like her Momma, too, with the gift for writing. Congratulations to you both! I'd have loved to meet her when you were here - maybe when I'm there. :)